First Week

Inevitably, the first week at a new job is atypical. After this week, I won't get lost on the way to the bathroom, I'll park in the right lot, and I won't say NRIP when I mean LRIP (well, okay, I probably will). I'd like to hope, though, that a transformer doesn't catch fire at HFC every week, keeping us all from work on a bright and clear-skied day (well, okay, I might). Yes, in my first week on this job, I was paid for two days during which I didn't work a lick. [insert joke about federal efficiency here]

A chunk of my time has been spent talking with the other exhibit planners about the process they use for creating exhibits. There's another new planner starting at the same time, and we spent a couple mornings sitting around with the "old hands," looking at their project documents, hearing about HFC's history, and learning how our work intersects with that of interpretive planners, project managers, exhibit producers, site superintendents, etc. It's been pretty fun, but I'm itching to get my hands on my projects.

I've got a $#@!& cold and Joe left this morning.

Comments