Journey pix


David, Eric, and Johannes helped us load the truck in St. Louis. My stuff filled up only about half the space!

Leaving St. Louis: it wasn't that I was happy to be going - I was just relieved that we'd finished planning and packing and loading and getting the car attached. Plus, Joe makes me smile.

The rig: we parked with the big boys at rest stops. When we were in the truck, it felt like we were driving a monster, but it looked pretty puny next to the semis.

We couldn't see the car in the mirrors while we were driving. Other than its shadow, the only way we knew it was still attached was that mayhem hadn't broken out behind us.

Joe's gadgets kept us awake and humming.

In Kentucky. There are horses in the background. I swear.

We started out and ended up on Route 40!

Bill, Tim, and Jackie helped us at this end.

After some arranging...

...and a visit from the cable guy, we started feeling at home!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, so good to see you in place, or in your new place, or shall we say Your Second Home. I hope the first week on the job is a wonderful one.
cmcq said…
Thanks, Ma! One more day of vacation, tomorrow, then the big start. Read about it here!
Anonymous said…
Wow - looks like it was quite an adventure! That truck looks intimidating to me....I'm glad you had help loading and unloading, too. You look pretty at home with your remote!
Now I can't wait to hear about your first week!
Anonymous said…
How nice of you to share your adventures with all of us! Glad to hear you made it there in one piece. How did the car like the hail? Good luck on the new job!