I know what each word means, but...

A recent and apparently historic game began like this:
Andrew Hall seem[ed] to have the match in the bag when he pulled Brett Lee for four through the vacant midwicket region but, with two runs needed from four balls and two wickets in the bag, he spooned his very next delivery to Michael Clarke at mid-on.
Here's the rest of the recap. Guess the sport?

Joe and millions of other people are caught up in March Madness this weekend. Though I have very little interest in the games themselves, I'm captivated by my standing in the family pool. One year, I even won. It's amazing how proud I was, given that I chose teams based on their seeding, tempered with soft spots for some geographic locations. Pitt gets further in my bracket than it might in others'. If UCLA wins it, you might hear some crowing here.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I spent three weeks in Australia about ten years ago, right in the middle of their annual test match with Mother England. Cricket highlights led the news every night. Utterly alien. But, by the end of my time there, I was beginning to understand the basics. It's all gone now, of course.

-- Gene
cmcq said…
Could you ever like it as well as baseball?