Boy, do I love coffee shops

Road blogging, here.

Arrived in Denver in the middle of a snowstorm. "Welcome to spring in the Rockies," someone said to me. I gotta drive to FLFO via Colorado Springs. Not sure I'll make it there today, but the real meetings start tomorrow morning, anyway. I think there's more snow out there than I've seen all at once for a couple years.

Thought I'd stoke up for the drive so I pulled into a strip mall and circled past the Blimpies and the pizza place and the deli--even the Middle-Eastern restaurant--until I found a Peaberry's. There's something very comforting about a coffee shop. Overqualified but friendly baristas, decent fast food, and warm drinks. And internet access, which feels both basic and luxurious at the same time. So here's me in the coffee shop and some snow outside.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad you made it there and found a nice comforting place to relax and send us a picture! I also hope you and Joe have a really wonderful time in Colorado Springs! Enjoy the snow - I'm sad we didn't have more here this winter - and that big storm is hitting just south of me today, so I didn't even get to enjoy this spring storm! Bummer - I'll just have to live vicariously thru you!
Anonymous said…
you look like YOU--even though it is twenty years later!

love, e wein
Anonymous said…
Good to see you - best in person, fun in cyberspace too.
cmcq said…
Thank you, all, especially e wein, who confirms my identity.