All day

When I got home this evening, Joe helped me discover that during the day--all day today--I was wearing my shirt inside out. A dark blue knit top, yes, not something to show the seams all that clearly. But with big, honkin' tags hanging down at the back of my neck. All day.

Had a meeting with my boss' boss' boss' boss. Sat in her office for about half an hour. I was facing her while we talked, of course, but I didn't back out the door.

Now, Joe reminded me that the people I work with are really nice. That someone would've told me if they'd noticed I was wearing my shirt inside out. Which is true and made me feel better. Not just because it might be that nobody noticed. Because the people I work with are really nice. All day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
AND

It is a FASHION STATEMENT!

[!!!]

How far ahead of the curve you are!
Anonymous said…
how about a photo?
cmcq said…
You know, at this point it'd have to be a dramatic recreation, and I'm SUCH a believer in authenticity.
Anonymous said…
Just make sure you always wear that shirt inside out and make a point of it being inside out.
Anonymous said…
even if i define 'boss' as 'the tiniest possible higher increment in the hierarchy' instead of 'someone with the power to fire me', i still don't have a boss' boss' boss' boss.

there's my department chair, a principal, and the headmaster, and only the headmaster is really my boss.

how many 'boss' in a row are there between you and the president? just curious....

p.s. my word verification is "alzksmrs" which looks suspiciously like "i'll ask the missus". heh.