many things, among them this

I've wandered off along several paths and have lots to tell you about me and: hummingbirds, Spanish colonialism, fandom, moving, Joe, reorganization,...you know, I shouldn't be making this list. I'll only disappoint myself by not having written about something, later on.

Here's a little cool thing to tide us over: a blog called 365 Urban Species. It's a different living thing in a city, every day. Excerpt:
Urban species #115: Fireweed epilobium angustifolium

The ecological state of a city is that it is always in the first stage of succession. Concrete and asphalt resist colonization by all but the most aggressive plants. Most of the areas that have some welcoming soil are constantly mowed, resetting the sequence of ecological succession, making the city a place for pioneer plants.
The next entry is about seagulls.

I miss you guys!!
.

Comments

TCPohlman said…
And we miss you!
Just wondering whether having Joe there with you is really a good thing for the rest of us?
Anonymous said…
I miss you too.
If you're interested in which things on the list we want to hear about, I vote for fandom and Spanish colonialism, in that order.