not entirely with you

I've had my computer back for a WEEKS. But to get myself through that dark, computer-less time, I rented a tv show on DVD, called Firefly. And I haven't been able to escape from it. Seriously. I've been completely engrossed in "on-line research." Plus watching the show's single season and its movie sequel, Serenity, over and over. And listening to all the commentaries. Over and over.

It's pretty torturous. And here's the worst part:

Nathan Fillion. He plays the gun-slinging captain of a broken-down old spaceship, out on the frontier edge of a future universe. Sounds a little Han Solo-ish, and he is. But, I contend, better.

When I told a friend about my geekish, girlish pastime, she looked a little concerned and said, "I hope Joe gets here soon."

Yeah.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't panic. There are 12-step programs for that.
cmcq said…
Yeah, but I bet you have to go to a sci fi convention to find them.
Anonymous said…
I don't get Firefly. Ranti's into it, too. I loved Buffy, and watched the first episode of Firefly. That was enough for me. Sci-fi in general leaves me cold. What, like the world we actually inhabit isn't interestiong enough?